Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dreaded Winter

I was just sitting here thinking about what to write for this weeks blog when I looked out the window.  I thought, "what a beautiful day".  Instantly another thought came to mind, "Oh my gosh, there won't be many of these beautiful days left".  Winter is just around the corner so I am thinking bundling, shoveling snow, trying to get the car out of the driveway, and blah, blah, blah! The list can go on and on when it comes to winter. 

Last February I was in a scary situation.  I was driving to my job in Plainview when I hit some slush on the road.  My car shot sideways into the other lane, hit some dry tar, and rolled over.  My first big car accident and let me tell you....it's not something I EVER care to do again.  I was hanging upside down in my car, seat-belted in for over 30 minutes until the ambulance came. I was lucky to have many people stop to help including a nurse! The nurse checked me all over before she would even consider unsnapping the seatbelt.  I was scared to death, laying there in the emergency room in a neck brace.  They asked me how much I liked my coat, because they were considering in cutting it off. I said "I would rather you not because I just bought this coat."  The poor EMT's had to carefully take my coat off, while I was strapped on the stretchboard.

I did learn some valuable lessons last winter though, make sure your tires actually have a tread on them, don't carry a wad of cash on you, get a job closer to your home.  This winter my tires will HAVE a tread, I no longer carry a wad of cash, and my job is now very close to my home.  I still can't wait till NEXT SUMMER!  The only good thing I can see with winter is the arrival of my ugg boots in a couple of weeks! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment