Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Caffeine Crazies

I was so unaware of possibility that bottled water could be taken straight from the tap.  How could this be!? What have I been paying for all these years when I could have been saving money and taking it straight from my facet at home, for free!  I say this now because I am shocked, but yet you will probably find me at Walmart next week or Kwik Trip, buying bottled water. I guess what I was paying for all this time was for that "cool bottle" that it comes in, and for the convenience of not having to bottle it myself.  How lazy have we become, we can't even bottle our own water!  And, now were hearing on the news that these "cool bottles" aren't even good for us, they contain all kinds of cancer causing agents.

In Mark Penn's essay, Caffeine Crazies, I was able to find out a lot of information that made me feel how ridiculous of a society we have become.  We don't want to fry up a burger at home, when we can head to a convenience store or fast food place, where it is already fried for us.  We don't want to brew our own cup of coffee when there is a coffee shop right up the street.  Want to be more alert?  Lets just drink a bunch of high caffeine beverages.  Not many families are able to sit down together, have quality time while eating a good home cooked meal.  Its go, go, go grab something quick, move on to the next activity, with a fast food and energy drink in our hands...this CAN'T be good for us!  Penn mentions that there are some (probably those with monetary investments) that defend "caffeine's impact on health".  "Lower Alzheimer's rates, less diabetes, fewer gallstones, lower rates of Parkinson's, and less colon cancer" where are these statistics coming from?  Penn says there have been studies done, but every time there is a study done, out comes a new and so called "better ingredients", you would think the study would have to start all over, which makes these studies not very "long term", I would think.   All I know is I am going to "try" to bottle my own water in a "BPA" free bottle.

2 comments:

  1. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. Mountain water decaf coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Coffee Roaster Knoxville

    ReplyDelete