Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Mom~

The person I have the best memories with is my Mother. After all, my Mommy has been with me my whole life.  Even at my age of 21 years old, she is still there for me.  When I was young and getting into lots of trouble as an active child,  my mom use to laugh at some of my naughtiness.  She use to say "As long as she is not hurting herself or someone else, we might as well enjoy her silliness".  My mom took my sister and I everywhere with her.  When we were at a place with lots of people she would have my sister stick a finger in her back pocket so she could keep track of her.  She would put me on a leash because I liked to run away and get lost in the crowd.  Whenever there was something not right with me, my mom would sense this because she knew me so well.  Sometimes I would just cry, and she would say "Oh, you just need a nap, your just really tired".  I would look at her with teary eyes and say "Yes Mommy". 

When I got old enough to have my own room, I would all of a sudden stand in the middle of my room and scream that "something is not right".  Mom and my sister, Amber, would come running in my room and ask what was wrong.  I would tell them "I don't know but something is just not right".  My mom would look around my room, walk over to something in my room and move it just a bit and say "Well Ashley, is it this? This was turned the wrong way."  She got it right every time!  I know now that it wasn't the item she had right every time, but the sense of peace it gave me that she there to help me. 

Then I became a teenager.  My parents had no idea that this busy fun little girl would become their worst nightmare.  I got in to more trouble than you can imagine.  Each time my mom was right there to find me, to talk to me, and bring me back home.  She kept talking to me about what I was doing and where this would lead me, and that she understood this was something I needed to do.  Yet each time she was the one person who stood by me and dealt with it all.  She would still kiss me on the cheek, tuck me in, and tell me she loved me every night. 

I relied on my Mom to always be there and she was.  I did outgrow the teenage years and my naughtiness, and my Mom tells me everyday how proud she is of me.  When I go to my Mom's house, I still consider it my home even though I no longer live there. She welcomes me as always.  Her home cooked meals always remind me of my childhood and growing up in our home.  I am glad I have the mom I do because she always has been able to deal with me in a way I am not so sure anyone else would have been able to.  I Love My Mom and Cherish Our Memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment